12 Dec 2016

Cosmic Roundup – Echoes and Dust interviews Matt Rozeik from Necro Deathmort


It reads:

Necro Deathmort have had an amazing year! An album released on Rocket Recordings, a performance at the Electric Ballroom at Desertfest and much much more! They also headlined the gloomiest Cosmic Carnage ever at the Windmill last April. If guitarist, Matt Rozeik is not busy enough with that, he also runs his own DIY label called Extreme Ultimate. Here’s what he thinks about all the stuff that went down in 2016.

(((o))): Hi Matt , how are you?
I’m good thanks, me old China!

(((o))): Your album came out on Rocket which was a bit of a surprise. They focus on psych and I’ve always thought of you as a doom band. How did it come about?

Rocket were aware of us and we just sent them the album. I guess they are primarily known as a psych label, but I don’t think that label strictly applies to Gnod and Teeth Of The Sea, so they definitely have other strings to their bow. I think people have different ideas about the sort of band we are – while we most definitely have an affinity with doom and play with a lot of doom bands, I don’t...

Read the rest here: Echoes and Dust

---